Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Can I renew my Re Entry Permit with Form I-131?

A Re-entry Permit cannot be extended or renewed. Generally, it is valid for 2 years from the date of issuance, but the validity period may vary. When your Re-entry Permit expires, you need to apply for a new one by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, again.

To receive a new Re-entry Permit you will additionally have to indicate in Form I-131 information regarding the disposition of your previous travel document (whether it is expired, lost, stolen, destroyed, etc.). Please find the details concerning disposition in our article “What is “disposition” on Form I-131”.

And if due to some reasons you need to travel outside the USA on regular basis, consider consulting with an immigration attorney.

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.