Home  »  Knowledge base  »  How do I replace a lost, stolen or mutilated EAD (work permit)?

To replace your lost, stolen or mutilated EAD, you will have to file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. Tick the box “Replacement (of lost employment authorization document)” on the very first page of Form I-765, below the words “start here”.

Employment Authorization Document is a physical proof of your right to work in the USA. For some people it is also the only government-issued identification document. So, it is advisable to replace your work permit as soon as possible.

A new EAD will be issued to you, if you still are an eligible applicant, approximately within 3 months. Meanwhile, while expecting your replaced work permit, in some cases you may use a photocopy of your lost/stolen work permit or the I-797 Notice of Action, a receipt letter confirming that you have already applied for your work permit to be replaced.

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.