Home  »  Knowledge base  »  How to find travel records for the N-400 application?

Applicants preparing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, must list each trip outside the United States (in excess of 24 hours). Part 9 of the N-400 application includes a table where you need to list these individual trips.

You can find your travel records in the following sources:

  • Passport

Usually all travel records are presented in your official passport. Simply review the passport pages for date stamps of the various trips.

  • Personal travel records

Use personal records to reconstruct travel history. Ask your relatives or friends, review credit card statements, try to recover old travel records from airline or transportation companies.

  • FOIA Request for Travel Records

If you are still unable to reconstruct your travel history records, you can submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Generally, personal FOIA requests are free (if less than 100 pages of photocopies). You need only last 5 years of history for the purposes of the N-400 application. Usually it will take several weeks to receive a FOIA request.

In some cases you may have traveled across a U.S. border without any records. This can happen at some land border crossings where you were “waved” across by CBP officer. The CBP office did not provide any stamps or documentation. However, it’s still your responsibility to record these trips on Form N-400 to the best of your ability.

Complete your immigration paperwork using our online software. We make it easy!

Complete your immigration paperwork using our online software. We make it easy!


646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.