Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Is Travel Outside of the United States Possible with Temporary Protected Status?

If you have TPS, you can travel abroad but only if you have permission from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Specifically, you must seek permission by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document with the agency.

If USCIS grants your request, you will get an official paper called an Advance Parole travel document. This is what allows you to leave and return to the United States at least once within a specified time. However, you will only be allowed to stay outside of the United States for no more than 90 days.   

Getting an Advance Parole document and following the rules pertaining to applicable travel dates are not optional. If you travel without permission or fail to return to the United States by a specified date, you will jeopardize your Temporary Protected Status (Form I-821).

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.