Home  »  Knowledge base  »  What documents do I need to prepare my N-400 citizenship application?

The U.S. citizenship application, officially known as Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, is one of the longest and most complex USCIS forms. It has 20 pages. Note that minor mistakes and incorrect information in your Form N-400 can cause costly delays and rejections, so be accurate.

When preparing Application for Naturalization it’s helpful to have the following documents on hand:

  • Permanent Resident Card (green card);
  • Social Security number (if you have one);
  • Travel dates and details (if you traveled abroad, have the dates of each trip);
  • Selective Service registration information (if applicable);
  • Residential address info (your address information for the past 5 years);
  • Job and/or school information for the past 5 years;
  • Contact information for your current and former spouses (if applicable);
  • Contact information for your children (if applicable).


Also read:

When does my time as a permanent resident begin?

If my green card expires, can I still apply for naturalization with Form N-400?

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.