The U.S. citizenship application, officially known as Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, is one of the longest and most complex USCIS forms. It has 20 pages. Note that minor mistakes and incorrect information in your Form N-400 can cause costly delays and rejections, so be accurate.
When preparing Application for Naturalization it’s helpful to have the following documents on hand:
- Permanent Resident Card (green card);
- Social Security number (if you have one);
- Travel dates and details (if you traveled abroad, have the dates of each trip);
- Selective Service registration information (if applicable);
- Residential address info (your address information for the past 5 years);
- Job and/or school information for the past 5 years;
- Contact information for your current and former spouses (if applicable);
- Contact information for your children (if applicable).