Home  »  Knowledge base  »  What if I have changed my name since my existing green card was issued?

As mentioned in the “How do I need to enter my name on Form I-90?” article, you must enter your full legal name into the fields 3.a to 3.c in Part 1 on Form I-90. But if your name was changed since the time you acquired your current green card, you must also fill out the fields 5.a to 5.c. in Part 1.

If you changed your name, enter your current name in the field 3.a to 3.c. After that, you must check the box “Yes” under the item 4 “Has your name legally changed since the issuance of your Permanent Resident Card?” Then, write your old name as it was printed on your green card in the fields 5.a to 5.c on the form. Note that the first, last, and middle names must be exactly the same as on the card. Remember to provide a copy of documents such as a court order, marriage certificate, or similar documents to prove that your name was legally changed.


Also learn:

How do I know if the Accommodations for Individuals with Disabilities and Impairments section on Form I-90 applies to me?

Where can I find my Alien Registration Number (A-Number)?

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.