Home  »  Knowledge base  »  When do I need to renew my green card?

You should request a new green card every 10 years providing you are a lawful permanent resident. To renew your green card, send a completed Form I-90 to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services six months before your current card expires. You will retain the permanent resident status even if your green card expired. However, you should immediately apply for a new green card if the current card is no longer valid.

If you are a conditional permanent resident, your green card is valid for 2 years instead of 10. Instead of using Form I-90 once your green card has expired, apply Form I-751 or Form I-829 to remove the conditions to residence. Conditional permanent residents cannot renew their green cards if their cards reach the expiration date.

Also learn:

How do I replace a green card that has been lost, stolen or destroyed?

I never received my green card in the mail.

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.