Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Do I need to list all of my relative’s children on Form I-130?

According to the US immigration law children are usually included in their parents’ petition process. Children derive the ability to immigrate from their parents, without the need to apply separately. So if you are a US citizen or a lawful permanent resident who wants to bring a relative to the USA on a family preference visa, you don’t need to file separate I-130 petition for any children your relative has. You can just list names of the children in Form I-130 that you are filing for your relative.

Part 4 “Information about beneficiary (continued)” of Form I-130 contains section “Information about beneficiary’s family” where you must provide information about the spouse and all of your relative’s children. There are fields for 5 persons, where you must indicate first, last and middle name, relationship, date of birth and country of birth for all beneficiary’s children and for his/her spouse.


646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.