Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Do I need to submit Form I-130A with my I-130 petition?

Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary, is a separate supporting form that must be filed along with the marriage-based I-130 petition.

In other words, Form I-130A must be submitted by a petitioner who is filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of his/her spouse. The both forms must be filed to USCIS together. Form I-130A itself should be prepared by a beneficiary, and not by a petitioner. A spouse (beneficiary) who is present in the United States must sign the I-130A. A spouse (beneficiary) who is outside the US must still complete the form, but is not obliged to sign it.

As Form I-130A is required only for the marriage-based green card process, it is not required for filing of I-130 petition for other kinds of family members (children, parents, etc.).


Also read:
What is class of admission on Form I-130?
What happens if my child ages out?

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.