Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Do I need to submit Form I-864, Affidavit of Support?

When applying for a Green Card, you have to submit the completed and signed by the sponsor Form I-864 if you are:

  • An immediate relative of a United States citizen:
    • husband or wife;
    • parent of a US citizen who is 21 years or older;
    • unmarried child under 21.
  • A family preference immigrant:
    • unmarried daughter or son of a US citizen;
    • husband, wife, unmarried daughter or son of a US lawful permanent resident;
    • married daughter or son of a US citizen;
    • sister or brother of a US citizen who is 21 years or older.
  • An employment-based immigrant:
  • whose relative is a US national, citizen, or lawful permanent resident (he or she signed the immigrant visa petition);
  • whose immigrant visa petition was signed by the entity where your relative has a significant ownership interest (minimum 5%).


Also read:

Who uses Form I-864?
Who is eligible to become a sponsor in Form I-864?

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.