Home  »  Knowledge base  »  What should I do if my conditional green card has already expired?

Technically, expiration of the conditional green card is expiration of the conditional permanent residence status. This is a big problem for filing Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, which normally should be submitted to the USCIS within the 90-days period before the card expires. In addition, the following things become difficult or downright impossible with an expired green card: traveling, getting a job, renewing your driver’s license, buying a home.

If your conditional green card has already expired and you failed to file Form I-751 before the expiration date, do not wait for immigration officials to contact you, consult an immigration attorney immediately. Under certain circumstances, there are lawful ways to regain your conditional permanent resident status. USCIS can excuse the late filing if you provide a written explanation proving that the delay was caused by extraordinary circumstances beyond your control and that the length of delay was justified. However, you should do your best to file I-751 petition before your conditional green card expires, it will prevent further complications.


646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.