Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Do I need to submit a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, with my green card application?

In most cases, if a relative who is already a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident is helping you get your green card, and/or if your relative is the owner or partial owner of the business that is sponsoring you, the answer is yes. In fact, that person is responsible for completing the Form I-864 for you. It shows that you will have adequate financial support while you are living in the United States so you won’t have to rely on government assistance.


Also read:

As the sole or petitioning sponsor, how long am I responsible for providing financial support?

What if my relative already has a job lined up here? Should I still file an Affidavit of Support?

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.