Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Does my time spent as a conditional permanent resident count towards permanent residency time required for naturalization?

Yes, the time spent as a conditional permanent resident does count towards further naturalization process.

As a rule, a lawful permanent resident married to a US citizen can apply for naturalization and become a United States citizen after having the conditional permanent resident status for 3 years. Also, for that purpose your spouse must have been a US citizen for the last 3 years at the time you file your Application for Naturalization.

By the way, you may file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, even if your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, is still pending. However, USCIS will be able to take action on Form N-400 only after I-751 is approved.


646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.