Home  »  Knowledge base  »  Is it possible to work in the United States with Temporary Protected Status?

If you have Temporary Protected Status (TPS), you may be able to work while you are in the United States, but you have to ask permission, first. You do this by filing form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You should file this completed, signed form when you file Form I-821.

If your requested is granted, you will get what is known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). This official document, which is also called a work permit, allows you to work here for a specified period. You can learn more about filing Form I-765 here.

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.