Home  »  Knowledge base  »  When can I file to renew my EAD (work permit)?

If you are still eligible for employment authorization under the same immigration category that you applied initially, and your EAD has already expired or is expiring soon, you must submit to USCIS a new Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and pay the stipulated fee (if applicable).

Generally, you should not file for renewal of your work permit more than 180 days before your original work permit expires. Ideally, you should apply to extend your EAD card within 3-4 months prior to the expiration date stated on the front part of your current EAD card. Please note that you should submit your application at least 90 days before the expiration date, since it may take that long for you to receive a new Employment Authorization Document.

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.