Home  »  Knowledge base  »  If I am a naturalized U.S. citizen, do I need to use AR-11 when I change my address?

Most immigrants, or in other words non-U.S. citizens, residing in the USA need to use Form AR-11 to notify USCIS when their address has been changed. As for the U.S. citizens, including naturalized U.S. citizens, they are NOT required to file Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card.

However, if a U.S. citizen has previously submitted Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, on behalf of someone who has become a permanent resident, he/she will have to notify USCIS of a change of address. So if you have previously submitted Form I-864 for someone who immigrated to the U.S., and that sponsorship agreement is still in force, you must complete Form I-865, Sponsor’s Notice of Change of Address, within 30 days of moving to a new address. You can make a change of address via the Online Change of Address form on the official USCIS website (egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do) or by calling 1-800-375-5283. For TTY (deaf or hard of hearing) call 1-800-767-1833.


646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.