Home  »  Knowledge base  »  What is Advance Parole?

Advance Parole Travel Document is a temporary travel permission, which allows certain immigrant categories to travel back to the USA without applying for a visa. Advance Parole is intended for individuals with temporary protected status, U visas, adjustment of status applicants (according to Form I-485) and individuals with a grant of LIFE Act Family Unity Provisions benefits.

To apply for an Advance Parole you should submit Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. You must receive approval before travelling abroad, otherwise your application for an Advance Parole Document will be presumed abandoned.

Please note that there is no need to obtain Advance Parole if you travel directly between parts of the United States, only trips outside the US borders counts.


Also read:
How long is an Advance Parole Document valid?
Do I need Advance Parole for travel to U.S. territories?

646-838-3958      info@usimmigrationforms.com



160 Broadway 4th floor New York NY 10038

160 Broadway 4th floor

New York NY 10038

Follow us

Follow us

Receive the latest news

Receive the latest news

TERMS AND CONDITIONS | PRIVACY U.S. immigration forms is not affiliated with the USCIS or any government agency. We are not a law firm, do not provide legal advice, and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only, and will not answer legal questions. Some forms that can be completed online using our service are available and come with written instructions for free from the USCIS. U.S. immigration forms purchase price does not include any government application, biometric or filing fees. Access to and use of the usimmigrationforms.com website, as well as all cancellation, termination or refund/return policies, are subject to U.S. immigration forms Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The “U.S. immigration forms” mark and U.S. immigration forms logo are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.